Saturday, March 5, 2011

Justin and I got home last night from a trip to San Diego with friends. We had a great time. The weather was not as warm as we were hoping for but warm enough for a little sunburn after riding bikes for 4 hours.Some highlights were:

Mon:  Wahoo Taco's for lunch. Walk down the beach to World Famous for dinner (about 1 mile).

Tues: 10:00 session at the San Diego temple (so incredibly beautiful!). Lunch at Old Town Mexican. Mormon Battalion museum in old town. Bit of shopping. Kimberly and Dan met us at our beach house for steak dinner and playing on the beach.

Wed: DisneyLand. Cheesecake Factory for dinner.

Thurs: Rent bicycles. Breakfast at Konos. Ride bikes until about 1. Hang out at beach house then shopping. Early dinner at PF Changs. National Comedy Theater. Bogart Yogurt for dessert.

Fri: Pack up and check out. IHOP for breakfast. Movie "Unknown". Airport.
Snoqualmie pass was slow going on our way Monday morning but even slower to come home Friday night. When we finally got home, we discovered that we picked up someone else's bag. Now trying to figure out how to return it to them.
While we were gone, Kai had his MS wrestling end-of-season party and received the MVP award! Seila went to the HS sports banquet on Monday night with her sub parents, Greg and Erin Pike. She also had New Beginnings for mutual on Wednesday, also with substitute parents.

The kids had so much fun here with Erin. One of the many highlights was pancake day. She also took them swimming at Grandma Kay's house and hot tubbing at Allred's. They really had a vacation of their own right here with Erin and Greg.
This morning is Zoe Noftle's baptism at 10. Then Justin is going to take the kids to Basin City to see the goats this afternoon. I'll stay home, I think, and try to get the laundry done and work on Heidi's baby quilt. I might take Seila to Moses Lake. She needs a few things and I left the curling iron in San Diego so, I need a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment