For Easter this year, we celebrated at home. (We weren't able to go to the Jenks family party on Friday night because we went to the baptism of one of Seila's friends. It was a great baptism and we were so happy to be able to support her in her decision.)
Saturday was spent at Seila's softball games. They were home games so we packed our lunch and headed over. They lost both games but Seila played 2nd base and did a great job. We were very proud of her. After the ball games, Justin and I left a to-do list for the kids and we headed into Moses Lake for more supplies. We didn't like the paint color we had purchased. Well, we liked the color, just not the shade. I wanted it to be darker but not as dark as the next color on the color card. Anyway, we had to go figure that out and a few other things. When we got home, we discovered that the kids had done a great job of completing the list!
Sunday morning we hid eggs and baskets. Then we worked on dinner prep and headed off to church. After dinner we sat down with the kids and read from the Bible about the last week of the Savior's life. It was a great day of meetings and a great Easter Sunday. To top it off, the weather was beautiful too!
Today when I got home from the school, Justin and I started painting the new color on. We weren't sure if we liked it at first but after it dried, we decided that it is just perfect! I had a few piano lessons this afternoon and after dinner we had family home evening. Then Justin and I layed the flooring in the bathroom. We had one little mistake but we are confident that we can cover it. I think it looks great and now we are ready for tile in the shower and the bathtub install! Yipee! The end is in sight, for this bathroom anyway. Then we'll have to begin the downstairs bathroom. Don't ask what the color is, it doesn't have a name. We made it up. That's called custom, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment