Kai got home from his 50-mile hike yesterday. I really wasn't expecting him to be so dirty! For some reason I really truly thought that he would at least wash his face while he was gone. How could I have been so unrealistic? It was an easy remedy. We made him shower within minutes of returning home. I should have taken a picture first. He had a great time and after hearing all his stories, I think it was actually a vacation for him. They slept in until 9 or 10 every day he said. I never let him do that here at home. They also were able to fish alot and he loved the hiking part, although he did get tired of it by the end of the week. He said he was not tired of camping though. He thinks he could camp for months and be happy. Thankfully, there were no injuries or disasters, other than one horse had to come home early due to a stumble and the resulting cuts on his leg. There were a few close calls and of course many funny stories for him to tell.
Justin and I are grateful for good leaders who are dedicated to their callings in the church to lead and guide our son. We are also grateful for their willingness to undertake a project such as this so that he might have opportunities to learn and grow into a fine young man.
On Friday night, the rest of us went to Walla Walla to visit with the Perry's. We had missed them since they moved and we wanted to go see them. We had a great time with them! We went to a candy store and movie in the park on Friday night. Saturday we hit the farmer's market and just enjoyed the downtown area. It was fun to visit the Perry's and also see Walla Walla.
No comments:
Post a Comment