So, Kale moved in to his new room downstairs last week and now we've moved him out. You might think he couldn't stand being away from his mommie at night but no, that wasn't it. His room flooded. Last Friday morning, before anyone woke up, in the wee hours of the morning, a sprinkler line came apart just outside of Kale's new window. It was a 1" line and must have broke as soon as the water came on because there was a ton of water and mud on Kale's carpet and out into the hall way. There is a water line inside of his window well that is about 3" above the 4" deep gravel. The dirt around the outside of the window well has settled several inches. It was a soggy mess. So, we had to take everything out of his room and move it somewhere else in order to lift the carpet and get fans underneath. Justin and I had just finished installing a closet organizer the evening before. Friday morning, we uninstalled the closet organizer. I was so excited to be almost done with his room and now we're starting over again, minus the painting.
On the upside, the girls and I went to Ikea Friday afternoon. We were going to pick out some dressers to replace the too small dressers they were using. When we got there we decided to buy a new wardrobe for each of them instead of dressers. This way they have room to hang their dresses and then close the doors so no one can see anything. They don't have a closet in their room so we've been hanging all their stuff on a portable hanging rack and it's been out in the open for all to see. They cost about the same as the two new dressers I was going to buy for each of them and still half as much as one dresser from the furniture store. We got home at about 9:30 Friday night and then Saturday morning we started putting them together. The first one took me about 4 hours (I took my time so as not to make mistakes) and the second took 1 1/2 hours (I hurried). Hadley brought down snacks and even made herself some microwave popcorn. Then draped herself over a chair and watched me put the first one together. By the time the first one was done, they were both gone to the TV room and I had to keep calling for helpers to hold this or bring me that. Now that they're done, both girls like them and I love that we don't have clothes hanging all over and falling out of too small drawers. We'll see how long the organization lasts.


On the upside, the girls and I went to Ikea Friday afternoon. We were going to pick out some dressers to replace the too small dressers they were using. When we got there we decided to buy a new wardrobe for each of them instead of dressers. This way they have room to hang their dresses and then close the doors so no one can see anything. They don't have a closet in their room so we've been hanging all their stuff on a portable hanging rack and it's been out in the open for all to see. They cost about the same as the two new dressers I was going to buy for each of them and still half as much as one dresser from the furniture store. We got home at about 9:30 Friday night and then Saturday morning we started putting them together. The first one took me about 4 hours (I took my time so as not to make mistakes) and the second took 1 1/2 hours (I hurried). Hadley brought down snacks and even made herself some microwave popcorn. Then draped herself over a chair and watched me put the first one together. By the time the first one was done, they were both gone to the TV room and I had to keep calling for helpers to hold this or bring me that. Now that they're done, both girls like them and I love that we don't have clothes hanging all over and falling out of too small drawers. We'll see how long the organization lasts.


The boys all went camping Friday night. It was a father/son ward activity. They had fun. Kale called me to tell me that he thought we should come join them because it was so much fun up there. They went to a place called Wishpush (sp?), above Cle Elum. Justin said the weather was just perfect and they all had a fun time. Kale got burned with the end of a stick Friday night and he was pretty upset about it but now there is barely any mark at all.
I was laughing when you said you went to buy dressers because the ones you had were too small so you bought them new wardrobes, ha why not add more clothes to the small dressers:) As I continued to read I realized I misunderstood. Sorry about the flooding that sounds like a terrible mess!
ReplyDeleteOh Heather!!!!! I can't believe all this has happened since I saw you a week ago. Great wardrobes by the way. We ended up baling Friday night and so the boys were bummed they couldn't camp. Thanks for the invite. Colin had said he wished it was a mommy/son campout, but we still wouldn't have been able to go since I was baling too. Let me know if you need any help.
ReplyDelete