Saturday, April 10, 2010
Free dinner!
Tonight we ate dinner at the Chinese restaurant in Othello. When the waitress brought our take home containers she said that there was no bill because the man who had been sitting next to us had already paid for us. We were shocked! I hadn't recognized the man and so I asked the waitress who he was. She didn't know but thought that he was just passing through town. Then I asked if I should be nervous (I was alone with the kids). She said she thought he was just being nice. The kids wondered why someone would pay for a stranger's dinner. I have to admit, I watched my rear view mirror as we drove out of the parking lot, just to be sure we weren't being followed. I'm so paranoid. We went for dessert at the ice cream place we've been hearing about. It was yummy ice cream. What a super fun evening we had! Please tell me if this has ever happened to you so that I don't feel so abnormal and I can feel comfortable again. The waitress said that it happened to her one time at the fast food drive through. She pulled up and the worker said that the car in front of her had paid for her order.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's cool! That has never happened to me from someone I didn't know only people I knew. So where is this new ice cream place?
ReplyDeleteThe ice cream place is across the street from Pizza Factory on the street that you turn in on from the highway (can't remember the name of the street).
ReplyDeleteI have had it happen and I did it for someone once in the line at Starbucks. I think its really sad that we live in a world where we can't take a kind gesture for just that. I am sure that was that mans intention and I would just enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteHey, I want a free dinner!
ReplyDeleteIt has never happened to me but when I worked at ostler's ortho. my boss would do things like that all the time. He said that he had been given so much that was one way to make himself feel good, and many people happy
ReplyDeleteDan and I have done that before (for those we knew and those we didn't). It happened to us in an espresso drive-thru so we paid it forward as well. Isn't it great to know there are still kind people in our world?
ReplyDelete