Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break

We had our spring break last week and so the kids and I headed out to visit family. For the first part of the week we went to my sister's house in Utah. We had a fun time there, despite the snow. We were able to hang out with all my siblings and had a great time with them. We wish so much that we could do that more often. We painted my nephew's room (still waiting for a picture from my sister), took the kids bowling, visited my grandma, and ate dinner with everyone at the burger/pizza place where I had my first job (and my first firing; still great burgers!).

For the rest of the week, we headed to Rexburg, Id and more snow. Did I mention that this was SPRING break? Again, we had a great time with cousins. We played at the high school gym (Justin's brother is the principal), played at one cousin's house, went to another cousin's house, visited the cemetary to find family graves (I have ancestors from Rexburg area), told the kids stories about our ancestors, toured the college campus a bit, found the picture of my graduating nursing class on the wall in the nursing department, hunted easter eggs in the high school band room (remember the snow?), and played games until midnight.

Whew! and now we're home again and trying to remember how to work. Not having very much luck, although we are doing better as the days go on. I actually cleaned a bathroom today and washed up the baseboards in the entryway. Okay, that's only because the kids' ball games were cancelled and I had extra time at home. Otherwise, nada.

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear why you were fired!:) Sounds like you got lots of fun stuff done in a weeks time.

    ReplyDelete