Saturday morning Hadley went to Othello for a Stake Achievement Day activity, Kai and Seila had a service project for mutual, Kai stayed home with me. We sewed a new car seat cover for a friend. Then I finished 3 hooded bath towels that have been waiting for me. I decided that I'd better start Seila's new dress (we picked up the fabric and pattern last week)
while I helped Kai finish up school work that he didn't do on Friday. Kai was able to finish his essay and I was able to finish about an hour before we were supposed to leave for a Stake dance in Othello. It turned out pretty good. She chose black with white polka-dots. This is a style that she has been wanting for several months. In this picture she has a yellow shirt, yellow ribbon, and blue ribbon on but at the dance she wore a white shirt with a green ribbon belt. She made sure to buy several different colors of ribbon for belts.
Justin and I were able to find a hat on-line that had spf and a wide brim. He's supposed to wear one now all the time. It came the other day and he wore it on Saturday. He said it was a tough to get used to but he'll keep trying. He's also supposed to wear sunscreen but we haven't gotten that far yet. If anyone has any suggestions for a sunscreen that isn't greasy and you can wear comforatbly all day, we'll listen. Anyway, he came home and said he is of course having to deal with comments from everyone he sees and yes, Uncle Vard actually laughed. Good thing Justin loves his Uncle Vard! Not to worry, Justin will find plenty of opportunity to return the friendship.
I haven't seen a softball/baseball schedule but the first games are next week. Kai's still not sure what position he gets to play but he thinks it's looking like outfield. We'll see. Seila is going to be one of the pitchers again this year.
We use Neutrogena 95 on our faces and neck and it is the less greasy of all the sunblocks we have tried. I bought a pack of four at Costco when we went to Hawaii. The Neutrogena for the body in spray and lotion seems to be less greasy than others we have tried too. Good luck! I am glad to hear Justin is wearing a hat. I have been begging Dan to wear sunblock and after he read an article in Farm Bureau about farmer's more likely getting skin cancer than any other profession, I think he might start wearing it now!!
ReplyDeleteI am really behind on all your posts. Love the dress of Seila's, can't wait to see Justin in his hat and I am a fan of your great ice cream idea. When our kids get older I just might be calling you to have you remind me of all your clever ideas so you best remember them:)
ReplyDeleteSuper cute dress! So talented. Try a spray sun-block, you might have a fighting chance.
ReplyDeleteLove the dress! Can't wait to see the hat! Miss living close and see you guys often! The twins have already changed so much!
ReplyDeleteHeather, here is the reading blog that I was telling you about.
ReplyDeletehttp://everydayreading.blogspot.com/