We've had a good week and every night I've thought about blogging because I've had something worthy of remembering but I never get around to it, and of course, I've forgotten it all now. I'll upload a few pics that I took and maybe that will jog my memory. . . .

Ah yes, Sunday after dinner Justin had the kids take turns helping him clean up. I had my back to the sink and when I turned around, my heart was touched and filled with love. I thought it was the perfect picture. Justin still in his church clothes, teaching Kale how to serve others. Moments like this are what keep my spirits up and keep me going. Moments like this are what I dream of and hope for. When I keep my eyes open, I see. I mean no offense to anyone but I really believe I have the best husband and children on the earth!! So, because of this moment, my entire Sunday turned out great!

The sad thing is that I tried to make rolls and this is what we ended up with. When I turned them out of the pan, they fell apart and they did not seperate into rolls. I mean they fell apart into chunks. For some reason, I cannot make rolls. I can make bread and other pastries but not rolls. Go figure. The picture does not show the full effect.

Tuesday night we decided that for dessert we would play a game. The game is called "dollar dessert". I gave everyone one dollar and they could buy whatever they wanted for ice cream toppings. I bought the ice cream. We kept all the toppings secret until we got home and Justin and I layed them all out on the counter and then called the kids in for "dollar dessert". Okay, we pulled out the toppings from the fridge too. This was one of the creations that we ended up with. We had Fun Dip powder, Rocky Road candy bar, Peeps, sour gummy worms, Rolos, and Nerds. It was fun and as anticipated, they asked to do it again the next night.
What an example your family is to all of us!! You are all so creative and do fun things all the time--a lesson we all can learn from.
ReplyDeleteHelping one another makes for a great marriage and a happy family!