Sunday, May 23, 2010

Family Olympics

This video is from our Ward party on Friday night. We had a family olympics theme. We did a torch run, balloon release, and then played nine different games together as family teams. When everyone was finished playing the games, we met back in the gym for a closing ceremony presentation. This video was the closing ceremony. It was the debut as well as the closing tour of the Royal II Ward Syncronized Swimming team. Incidentally, our family did not win a medal. We sure laughed hard all night long though. It was a great activity and we had a great time.

On Thursday, my 8th-grader and I went on a fieldtrip to the amusement park Silverwood in Hayden, ID. We had a fun time even though it rained some. We left the school at 6 am and returned at 9:30 pm. Ugh. That's a long time on the bus, about 3 hours each way. I ended up riding the water ride with the kids at the end of the day even though I hadn't planned on doing that. So, my ride home was a little damp while they all had clothes to change into.

Kai gave a talk in church today. His topic was how the Aaronic priesthood blesses his life. He quoted a story that taught that holders of the Aaronic priesthood have more power than the President of the United States because his power comes from the voters and is limited to a 4-year term. An Aaronic priesthood holder's power comes from God and will be with him a lifetime, as long as he remains worthy. Kai said he feels closer to Heavenly Father and has a greater desire to do good and be good since he received the Aaronic priesthood one year ago.

3 comments:

  1. What a talented group of synchronized swimmers Royal has! Great performance. We thought about coming, but actually got to bed early after a long week of some late nights. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was hysterical! I want to know who the guy with the white legs on the end was. Him and I should have a white leg contest:) I'd probably STILL win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh...Jande, Chad was the guy with the white legs on the end. Maybe next time I should encourage him to use a little self tanner...oh never mind, there won't be a next time. I don't know if he can get over his syncronized swimming injuries.

    ReplyDelete