What? One entire month since a post? That just tells you where I've been: away from the computer! Who's got the time?
We've been to ball games and glad to be done with the middle school season. It's been so fun to watch them improve their game this year. I've even had a request for AAU softball! That's how much they have loved playing ball.
I signed up the oldest three to be on a swim team this summer. We've watched our friends do it the last few summers and we 've never been able to do it but this year worked out. So, we're going to give it a shot! 2 hours of swimming every day.
We went on our annual shrimping trip a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time, again! My parents were able to come with us again. We're always so glad to have grandparents along to share our adventures with us. We went one day earlier than we usually do. That meant that we could go out Thursday morning earlier than we have before. The weather was not so great that morning and I got sick as well as my Dad. My mom was able to fight it off and never did throw up. Our 14-year-old and Justin had to really run the show that morning. Our almost 13-year-old was helping out on our friend's boat. Dad helped out as much as he could but our daughter and Justin had to do it all. I layed in the chair and tried to stay warm. Even with plenty of layers, I just could not get warm and shivered every time I had to move. When I finally was able to get off the boat, I headed up the floating dock to the stationary ground. The first thing that I found were two flat cement rocks. I have never been more happy to see rocks. I was so happy to see rocks that my body just layed right down, stetched out, spread the blanket over me and soaked in the warmth from the sun. I finally felt relief laying on the rock. I didn't think I would ever want to leave those rocks. I loved laying on the rock.The next day Mom and I were talking about it and she pointed out that that was so much like life. We get tossed about from one thing to the next and even at times become unhappy and miserable from the trials and tribulations and storms that life brings. If we can learn to find our Savior, plant our lives firmly in the Gospel, keep our covenants, and endure to the end, He will temper our sorrows and bring peace to our hearts.
More FYI: We bought a few more goats and Justin's looking at buying a few more still. The kids have named them all and are starting to love them. I hope they can part when the time comes.
I can't even think of what else to update on so I'll just have to try to log on every day when I think of things.
two things, first when and where do you have GOATS? Second you asked who has time to blog?........ummmmmmm.....me! I have no life, everyday is the same for me. Wake up, feed my kids, and break up fights ALL day! Oh and attempt to take care of my yard but I am not getting very far very quickly.
ReplyDelete