Friday, June 4, 2010

One stamp of approval.

Swim practice was good today. Not one headache. He did get sick to his stomach and thought he might throw up near the end of practice so he got out of the pool. I wasn't there. I left with Justin to pick up some things at WalMart. He really had a great time today and we even heard him tell Hadley (who used to be so excited and now that she's seen some of Seila and Kai's practice is scared to death and doesn't want to anymore) that it's really fun and she's going to like it. Seila, however, is stubborn like her mom (and her dad) and is not ready to relent to the fact that it is even somewhat enjoyable. After I mentioned that I had seen a smile on her face the other day while she was in the pool, she has been very careful not to smile in the pool again. Today at dinner when I commented that I have already seen improvement in her swimming after just 3 days, she curtly asked if she could quit now. She didn't really mean it. Just her teenage self coming out. I totally relate. I still haven't completely shaken my teenage self and hate to be told what to do, especially if it isn't something that I want to do. I didn't reply to her remark and she quickly softened and changed the subject.

Tomorrow is Hadley's birthday party. She'll be 10 on Sunday. I hope I'm not too emotional this weekend but she caused us quite a few problems 10 years ago. I can't believe that 10 years have passed since then. I learned so much from that experience and I've learned so many things from her, as I have from the others too and continue to. Funny how as a mother you have big hopes and dreams of all the things you're going to teach this new precious heavenly spirit. They end up teaching you just as much about all the things you've forgotten along your way.

By the way, one goat died. Not sure why. Too much rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment