
Today is Kale's birthday. My baby is 7! Before I know it, he'll be gone. It was a busy day for us and we ended up splitting the festivities into small tidbits throughout the day. We started off with a few presents. We opened the ones from far away family and Kai and Hadley gave theirs. Then they all headed off to school. I made cupcakes and took them in to Kale's class after their lunch hour. That was a surprise to Kale. I actually almost forgot, okay I did, that I was supposed to do that until Justin reminded me. (I seriously wonder about myself sometimes.)

 |
| Kale sits in the back row of his class. The class is singing Happy Birthday to him. |
After school Kale and Hadley rode the bus to their piano lessons where they discovered that Hadley did not have Kale's piano books like she usually does. She decided that he should remember them himself but forgot to tell anyone that she wasn't going to bring them. So, he almost cried, he said, because he didn't have them. Their piano teacher is super flexible and was able to give him a lesson anyway. (I've never figured out how to do that with my students.) After the lessons, we went to Kai's cross-country meet at the Royal golf course where Kai placed 3rd. Good job Kai!! He's really improving. |
| Kai started out over on the right end. He's in one of those yellow shirt things. |
 |
| Crossing the finish line. Oops, snapped the shot just as he blinked. |

When Kai finished running, we went home for about 10 minutes so that Justin and I could give Kale the rest of his presents. Kale really wanted to stay home and play with all his new toys so while Justin showered and got ready for his meeting, Hadley and I went to Seila's volleyball game. I took a couple of pics and then the flash threw her off and she missed her serve. She made sure to let me know the flash was not appreciated. I turned it off after that but couldn't get anymore good shots. Their team won! They played Ki-Be. They looked really good tonight. As soon as Seila was able to go, we headed home so she could give her present to Kale. Then all the toys got opened and spread out across the living room floor and they all played together for about 15 minutes until Kale had to go to bed.
 |
| Kung Zhu pets. |
Tomorrow night we'll go to Othello for his requested birthday dinner. He wants egg flower soup and then ice cream bars. Sorry Royal football game, something had to be sacrificed so that Kale's birthday wishes could come true and until I actually have a kid on the team, it's going to have to be you this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment