I love the New Testament and recently decided to read from it more often. So, this morning the house is still quite and I grabbed my Bible. I have been reading in Ephesians and this is what I read this morning: "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;" Eph 3: 19,20. I thought it was so cool that this is what I read today of all days, General Conference time! This weekend, we are priveleged to hear from apostles and prophets who have been appointed and are led by Jesus Christ himself! It gives me great comfort and peace to know that our church is lead with the same organization that was established by the Savior when He was living here on the earth. He leads the church today through the apostles and prophets just as in days of old. I am more excited than ever to hear from them today and tomorrow! I also love that He has blessed us with modern technology that allows us to listen at home and even record the conference!
I also particularly loved verses 11 through 14 in Ephesians chapter 4: "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting fo the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be nomore childre, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind fo doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" The apostles and prophets guide us and we will be protected from the deceit and craftiness and sleight of man if we follow what they say. They only lead us to do good and be more like the Savior. All you have to do is hear them to know they speak the truth and are led by Jesus Christ. I want to invite everyone to listen to them this weekend. The General Conference can be found on Dish Network channel 9403 (BYUTV) at 9 am and 11 am today and tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment