Sunday, June 21, 2009

Week in review

Here's our week in review:

We started swimming lessons in Quincy. We are driving 40 minutes one way every day. It's only for two weeks and I really needed Hadley and Kale to take lessons this summer. I also wanted to do it early in the summer so that they could practice what they learn.

Our new van doesn't have sound coming out of the speakers and hasn't had since before we went to San Diego. Last week I took it in to a dealer in Tri-Cities. They couldn't figure it out either and I have to take the van back to them tomorrow. They've talked to Nissan and need to check out a few more things. The good news is that for some reason the van has a 60K mile warranty on it instead of the usual 35K, and it transfers with ownership. No one seems to know why and I'm not complaining! We all just hope that they get it figured out before Thursday because Friday morning we leave for a road trip to Utah. 12 hours in the car with no radio might make me loose my mind! Funny how we get so used to little luxuries.

Justin went fishing on Friday at McNary Dam and caught 43 fish or something like that. We're not eating any of them. We're keeping them all for bait for crabbing at the end of July.

Father's Day was good. We had a really nice day. We didn't cook breakfast, I'm sorry Justin. I should have thought ahead better and done that. We did actually have a present for him though. We didn't wrap it in paper, we wrapped it in kids. The kids all did a group hug kind of thing and put the gift in the middle. Justin had to peel the kids off to find his gift. Church was great. Hadley gave a talk in primary and about how her Dad has blessed her life. After church, we headed to Justin's mom's house for dinner with Garrett's family. Justin really is a great Dad to our kids. He loves them so much and they know it. He has taught them well and sets a wonderful example for them to follow. He supports them in all they do and expects them to do their best. I couldn't ask for more! We all know it but I'll say it again, Justin is perfect!!

3 comments:

  1. How lucky for you that the warranty transferred when you bought it, that doesn't always happen. Hope they get it figured out before your trip that would stink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute that Hadley gave a talk for Fathers day! I bet Daddy loved that! That's pretty lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a great day with all of you. Thanks for coming and bringing the shrimp and anything else you brought, ice cream, brownies etc.

    ReplyDelete