I thought I'd better let you all know what we've been up to this week. Tuesday and Wednesday were big swimming days. We had cousins visiting and we took them swimming. It's always more fun when cousins are around.
Last night was our Ward's 24th of July party at the church. We combined with the other ward here in Royal and that was nice. I am the Activities Chairman and so I worked with the other ward to plan. We really went low key and it turned out great! We had some people bring dutch oven dinners and then the rest was pot luck. We had crafts for the kids, a water slide down the hill, and a blow up water toy. After dinner we had a Royal 1st Ward vs. Royal 2nd Ward softball game. I heard someone say that the score was tied at the end of the game. It was a great evening and not much work for me.
Kale got bit by a bug before dinner started at the Ward party and then got bit by a mosquito when he was in bed after we got home. He is really not having good luck with biting or stinging bugs this summer and is now fighting a fear of those bugs. Some days, I have to make him go outside to play. He didn't want to stay at the Ward party last night either.
All week long we've been drying apricot fruit leather in our dehydrater. The kids love the fruit leather and if I let them, they will eat it before I can even get it put away. I'm sticking to my guns and I keep saying no so, we'll have quite a stash of it for the fall and winter months. Thanks to Jande for sharing her piles of apricots!
No comments:
Post a Comment