I have just a minute that I can post a quick run down of what's been going on here at our house.Seila got her hair cut about 2 weeks ago and she really loves it. It looks cute on her and makes her look older.
Kai played a musical number for Sacrament Meeting last week and did a really great job. He played a nice song out of one of his music books.
The primary had an activity on Tuesday about Indians (for Thanksgiving) and the kids had so much fun. Kale had to teach us the dance that he learned because it's really fun.
Wednesday was our Ward Harvest dinner and I'm the Activities Chairman so I was in charge and busy all day. It turned out so wonderful. We planned for 160 and we had about 170 show up. We actually ran out of tables and one of the bishopric member's family had to eat on classroom tables. I guess next year I'd better set up more tables. We had a guesstimate of 20 visitors so the rest were ward members. For the program we showed a video montage of Mormon Messages from YouTube. I thought it was a very nice evening with yummy food. We had smoked beef, baked potatoes, salad, corn, and homemade rolls. We had a potluck dessert. This is an annual event for our ward to celebrate the end of a bounteous harvest and all of the blessings that the Lord has given us.
Seila, Kai, and Hadley did school on Saturday the 7th as well as on Veterans Day so that they could take the 12th and 13th off because I was not going to be home.
I left Thursday morning for scrapbook camp again. I went last year and was able to put together 70 pages. All my scrapbooking friends appreciate it when I clarify that I make 8 1/2x11 pages, not the popular 12x12. Still, 70 pages in 3 days is pretty good. However, I did not finish all of my pictures last year. So, my goal this year was to finish all of my box of pictures. And I did. I ended up making 64 pages this year. I had less sleep this year and am feeling it today. It was a great weekend with friends and I am so thankful that Justin is so kind to let me go and not gripe and complain that he has to take care of the kids and house for me.
And last but not least, Justin won the election for Royal City Mayor again. It was a write in campaign and a very successful one. The people that had to count ballots in the county courthouse mentioned to him when he called the results that he ran a great write in campaign. Here is a picture of the signs that we put up around town and in people's yards:

I want to go to Scrap camp with you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the laughs and the tears at the retreat. You are the BEST!!! Congrats Justin on another term as mayor.
ReplyDeleteWe never got our ballots but we would've written in MAYOR JENKS!!:)
ReplyDelete