Seila jammed her finger during warm-up of her last basketball game on Tuesday night. Her finger is purple now.
Justin got his staples out on Wednesday. That went well. The Dr. office was pleased with how the incision looked. I had him ask about the bumps under the incision and he learned that there are many stitches underneath there. It is still tender and he still guards it pretty well. When he got home he found a stitch from underneath that is poking through the incision. I had to trim it the best that I could. By today the skin seems to be healing over the end of the stitch that I couldn't get. That tiny little spot should close up just fine.
I couldn't go with Justin because I took Kai to the orthodontist. He had a regular adjustment and they taught him how to wear rubber bands. The next day he broke a bracket off and can't wear the rubber bands anymore. I had to trim the wire in the back with wire cutters here at home because I didn't have time to take him back and they didn't have time to see him. So, back we go to the orthodontist on Monday.
On Thursday Justin and I went to Tri-Cities for an appt at the accountants office. We both had the feeling that there was something we were supposed to do that night but neither of us could think of what it was and there was nothing on the calendar so, we watched TV. If we missed your event, sorry.
Friday I went to Tri-Cities with Seila, Kai, and Hadley. We went to the South Benton County Historical Museum in downtown Kennewick. We met other WAVA students there and had a tour. It was very interesting and the kids liked it, particularly because Seila and Kai are studying the 50's and 60's right now in their History courses. The museum had wonderful displays from the 1890's to the present.
After we all made it back home, Hadley went out in the back yard. Kale followed her to ask if she would play ball with him. She told him that she went out to find a quiet place to think. He came in to tell me that. I sent him back out to find out what she was thinking about. She answered that she was thinking about how bad she was at baseball. She didn't think it would help to practice with Kale. He was whining and she was pouting so I tied them together and told them they had to find something to do together. It was like magic and they both instantly perked up at the prospect of a new game called, "tied together". Who knew it would be that easy? This game might become a regular at our house.
Last night, Justin and I went to dinner at one of our Ward dinner parties. The Ward was divided up into different dinner groups, each met at a different house. We had a great time with great food and great company.
Today was busy for me, although the rest of the family found time to play video games, watch TV, nap, and play outside. I think I sat down for 15 minutes. It was a great day though. Now, we are off to a church dance with Seila and the other kids from our Ward who are old enough to go.
I was checking your blog and listened again to Elder Cook's talk--it seems we are all having a "hard time."
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the sweet birthday card and for remembering me. Your sweet family is like our very own. We appreciate all of you.
Verdene