I took the two older kids to Othello to begin practicing with the swim team on Tuesday. They weren't very excited but Justin and I want them to do this for the summer. This week is not actually practice, more of a conditioning week. Kai only lasted about 20 minutes before he was out of the pool with a massive pounding headache. He ended up not even being able to put his goggles back on because his head hurt so bad. I found him an Advil and sent him to the car to stay warm (overcast skies and breezy wind). Seila made it about 1 1/2 hours before she had to get out with a cramp in her calf muscle. I think they were both dehydrated and tired. We had some late nights over the weekend. We are working on water intake as well increasing the calories a bit. We are also going to bed a little bit earlier that we usually do. Really though, 2 hours of swimming is a lot! We skipped yesterday and we'll try again today.
We've had crazy weather the last few weeks. We've had a ton of rain and wind. The wind is not really all that crazy; we always had wind. The rain and clouds are driving all of us crazy though! Rain, rain, go away, come again next spring!
Monty and I loved the bee dance. We are so proud of you older kids doing swimming. i know it isn't always fun but it is a skill that will last forever. i wish i was a better swimmer especially with having this pool in my back yard. Wish i had learned to enjoy it more. Seems like i did when i was a kid. I don't know what happened. Sure love all of you
ReplyDelete