Saturday, October 3, 2009

Halloween Decorations











Every year it seems that by the time I finally get out the fall decorations, Halloween's only 1 week away and just as soon as I get them up, it's time to take them down. So, this year I was determined to get them up at the beginning of the month. Yesterday, Hadley, Kale, and Kai helped me make some new ones. They turned out pretty neat so I thought I'd post them for everyone to see. The pumpkin face in the window was an idea from Family Fun and Seila pushed me to do it. I took a pic without the flash so you can see what it looks like from the street and then one with the flash so you can see how it fits the window.
The little spiders were an idea from Oriental Trading or something and I just bought my own supplies instead of buying their kit. It probably would have been cheaper to buy their kit. Hadley and Kale helped me put them together and we had fun. I had forgotten how much fun it is to work on a craft project with your kids. I might have to do this more often. Today my plan is to get the rest of the decorations out and get them up, 4 weeks ahead of Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Look's good! I am trying to get my lazy self downstairs to get our decorations. Maybe I will get that done today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay okay, I'll get a few out. Geesh!! :) JK Looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fun! Great creations!

    ReplyDelete