We just got back from a WAVA outing where we learned about the library and the resources that they have available. Honestly, it sounded quite boring and we were looking forward to the picnic in the park with other WAVA families. We were so wrong to think that we already knew about the library. I am so excited now about the library web site that I had to come home and blog and tell everyone all about what we learned. However, it took 1 1/2 hours for the demonstration so I don't think that I can cover it here. I'll tell you a few of the highlights and things that we were excited about.
1. You can chat with a librarian and tell him/her what you are looking for and they'll send you to the right web sites or books or whatever.
2. You can get a tutor for help with homework.
3. You can find books that are related to books that you already know of. For example, if you like the Magic Tree House series, you can look for other books with adventure and fantasy for children.
4. You can learn a foreign language through a link on the library's web site! She showed us an example and now we are all excited!
Okay, there you are, a few highlights.
No comments:
Post a Comment