I thought this was funny but ,after typing it, I don't think it's all that funny anymore. Hence, this disclaimer at the beginning: every detail is included because I couldn't figure out how to summerize but now, I don't think it's all that funny. I guess you had to be here.
So, after we got home tonight from all of our fun activites for the day (swimming for hours at Uncle Duane's house and an ice cream social for dinner), I was trying to get everyone to get ready for bed but they all wanted more ice cream. I didn't mind serving more ice cream so I did. Hadley didn't want any so I told her to get ready for a shower. She followed me to the garage while I was doing whatever and decided to tell me why she was justified in the things I got mad at her about today (I didn't even get mad, I just corrected her) because she felt like she had been treated unfairly. I must have been kind of moody today because then she told me that Seila thinks I'm off my rocker today and Kai said it's like I don't want anyone to have any fun. I only wanted everyone to change their sheets and vacuum their rooms this morning. They didn't even get it all done and we went swimming for hours and hours anyway. Then we had pie and ice cream for dinner!! They are so right. Boy, they can read me like a book. Well, Seila can anyway. I think I am off my rocker! Today was so unlike me. So when we got back in the house, I said I just wanted everyone to do their chores and be responsible without me asking so many times (Hadley still wasn't in the shower). It was time for bed and I wanted everyone to get ready for bed. Justin said he had an idea. His idea was that he and I go to bed and the kids tuck us in. I thought that sounded great so I grabbed his arm and off we went. We climbed in bed, clothes, shoes, and all, and called for Kale to come tuck us in. He gave us kisses and hugs and then turned our light off and left. We could hear him in the kitchen reporting to Seila and Kai (Hadley was finally getting in the shower). He came back and tried to shut our door. I begged him to leave it open a little bit because it's too dark in my bedroom and I can't see when the door is shut. He went back and reported to Seila and Kai. Then Justin called for a drink. Kale brought one and asked Justin to please try not to spill. Justin complained that it was warm and then Kale went back to report to Seila and Kai. We started whispering and I guess Kale heard us. He came and stood outside our bedroom door. I asked him what he was doing. He said he was waiting for us to be quiet. So we stopped whispering. After a few more minutes he came to check on us again. We closed our eyes and then heard him run away to tell Seila and Kai that we were asleep. They all went downstairs and I heard Seila tell Kale to get ready for a shower. We would have stayed in bed but I hadn't put sheets on our bed yet. In fact the sheets were still in the washer.
What do you mean that is not funny!! I thought it was hilarious, the whole kids tuck you into bed:) Only ours would have ended with the kids coming in and yelling at us to stay in bed or you were getting a spankin'. If only they would listen the first time:)
ReplyDeleteThat is funny! You crack me up Heather. Can't wait to see you more again once school starts.
ReplyDelete