I cleaned out Hadley's closet the other day so that we could make room for her new school clothes. I found some things that were hand-me-down's from Seila and too big for Hadley so I put them in a seperate pile for storage. Today I pulled out the storage box and found 6 pair of jeans that will fit Hadley!!! Why do I bother to keep a storage box if I'm not going to bother to use the clothes in it? Why do I forget to check there before we go shopping? Consequently, Hadley ends up with enough clothes for 3 girls! So, I went back to Hadley's closet to pull out the jeans that still have tags on them. There are only 2 pair, that's better than none. I'll take those back to the store. Anyone need any size 10 girls jeans?
Early in the summer I bought Kale a couple of new things. He usually can wear a pair of shorts for 2 summers so he didn't need much. I bought him a pair of green plaid shorts with a shirt that matched. He wore the shirt one time and then I didn't see it again for weeks and weeks. A couple of different times that we were packing for a trip, I would ask about that green shirt that matched the plaid shorts. No one seemed to know where it was. I always pack in one central location of the house and have the kids bring their clothes to me: 3 pants, 3 shirts, 3 underwear, etc. So, I asked a couple times if someone would please go to Kale's room and look for the shirt. I also looked a couple of times. None of us ever found it. I found it yesterday as I was making room for Kale's school clothes. It was hanging in the closet. Imagine that. Hanging in the closet. It still looks brand new.
I probably check our small box too often just hoping there is something in it that will fit the next one. Not because I am organized only because I really don't want to have to buy more clothes. We just need another girl to be able to use all of Kyla's clothes again because heaven knows she has way too many clothes.
ReplyDeleteThe green shirt reminds me of Ty's Rockets Jersey. I kept asking him where it was and could never find it hanging up in his closet. Well, lo and behold when we cleaned out closets before our yard sale, I found it (along with many other shirts) had fallen down to the back of the closet behind his rubbermaid drawers full of legos. Hmmm. He was caught red handed not hanging his clothes up. Stinker!
ReplyDeleteLost in the right place--a more common problem than we Mom's realized.
ReplyDelete